Authentic farm environment with classic country charm and friendly hospitality.
Nestled in the foothills of the Great Dividing Range, Mittagong Homestead was one of the first modern farms in the Spring Creek Valley in the 20th century. Having been rebuilt and renovated a number of times, the property now consists of a tennis court, solar heated pool, sauna, luxury country bed & breakfast, 50 acres of views and tranquility, as well as being close to the convenience of the township of Alexandra.
The original Fawcett Tennis Club is at the current location of the tennis court.
The current homestead is built.
Extensive rebuilding work to convert The Woolshed to B&B, pool installation, tennis court rejuv.
Continuous improvement of facilities.
462 Spring Creek Road -We are nestled in the foothills of the Victorian High Country.
Mittagong Homestead is located near Alexandra in the picturesque foothills of the Great Dividing Range.
Alexandra is surrounded by many places of natural beauty eg. Cathedral Range State Park, Eildon State Park, Lake Eildon. The entire district has stunning scenery.
The region is a renowned Trout Fishing area. You can try your hand at catching a Brown or Rainbow Trout in the Lake or one of the rivers. Those who are unlucky can find local fresh trout and smoked trout in the local shops or Trout Farms.
- Take a horse ride through the beautiful Rubicon Valley
- Visit Snobs Creek Falls at Snobs Creek or Stevenson’s Falls at Marysville
- Tickle a trout at the Freshwater Discovery Centre.
- Throw in a line and land a trout at the beautiful Lake Eildon or in one of our fine rivers. This region is renowned for trout fishing.
- Go rafting, abseiling or mountain bike riding.
- Go cross country skiing (winter) at Lake Mountain www.lakemountainresort.com.au
- Take a day trip and ski Mt Buller in the winter.
- Explore Lake Eildon, Eildon State Park Cathedral Range State Park.
- Visit the Mt Pinninger Lookout where some of the best views of the Lake are available.
- Bring your bikes and ride the High Country Rail Trail.
Great Victorian Rail Trail
134KM of smooth bike trails
Discover Natural Beauty
Only 80min away for all seasons