The sheep are long gone and luxury has taken their place.
The shearers and sheep are long gone but The Woolshed has lost none of its colour or character. Our Woolshed has been tastefully converted into two 4 star cottages and boasts a long verandah that has fantastic views of the Spring Creek valley and surrounding hills of the Victorian High Country.
All our rooms come with great amenities and services. The following are just a few of the main amenities included by default with our rooms.
We provide a large selection of continental and cooked breakfast provisions for you to prepare. Bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, cereals, fresh bread, juices and tomatoes are just some of the delicious items we provide.
Mittagong Homestead is located near Alexandra in the picturesque foothills of the Great Dividing Range.
Alexandra is surrounded by many places of natural beauty eg. Cathedral Range State Park, Eildon State Park, Lake Eildon. The entire district has stunning scenery.
The region is a renowned Trout Fishing area. You can try your hand at catching a Brown or Rainbow Trout in the Lake or one of the rivers. Those who are unlucky can find local fresh trout and smoked trout in the local shops or Trout Farms.
- Take a horse ride through the beautiful Rubicon Valley
- Visit Snobs Creek Falls at Snobs Creek or Stevenson’s Falls at Marysville
- Tickle a trout at the Freshwater Discovery Centre.
- Throw in a line and land a trout at the beautiful Lake Eildon or in one of our fine rivers. This region is renowned for trout fishing.
- Go rafting, abseiling or mountain bike riding.
- Go cross country skiing (winter) at Lake Mountain
- Take a day trip and ski Mt Buller in the winter.
- Explore Lake Eildon, Eildon State Park Cathedral Range State Park.
- Visit the Mt Pinninger Lookout where some of the best views of the Lake are available.
- Bring your bikes and ride the High Country Rail Trail.
Great Victorian Rail Trail
134KM of smooth bike trails
Discover Natural Beauty
Only 80min away for all seasons
462 Spring Creek Road - In the beautiful Spring Creek Valley and the locality of Fawcett.
What our guests say
Love everything about this place which is why we came back again and brought the family with us.
Great location with fantastic views from the top of the property
The country property was approx 8 klm from any shops etc which was exactly what we were looking for. Pool, spa, tennis court and sauna great for us sporty people.
Delightful private cabins. Very spacious, comfortable and quiet.
Fabulous choice of food provided for breakfast.